Delivering Integrated Care Management
The IHTC pharmacy and healthcare professionals interact on a daily basis at our center to maximize coordination and quality of care. Our pharmacists and physicians are on call and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The IHTC pharmacy and healthcare professionals effectively coordinate ongoing care by proactively communicating with our patients to manage clotting factor needs, therapy compliance, and bleeding episodes.
Sickle Cell Disease Resources
The IHTC is involved a variety of research studies to better understand the complications of sickle cell disease. It is our hope that this research will allow the medical community at large to develop treatments to prevent or minimize complications, prolong and improve the quality of life for those with sickle cell disease.
If you are interested in participating in a research study, please let a member of our healthcare team know.
Resources for Medical Professionals
- Health Maintenance Checklist Spreadsheet
- Sickle Cell Disease and Hemoglobinopathy Screening in Pregnancy
Resources for Patients, Families, and Medical Professionals
- Sickle Cell Disease Brochure
- Sickle SAFE Brochure
- Hydroxyurea Trifold Brochure
- About Sickle Cell Disease and Sickle Cell Trait (Indiana State Department of Health)
- Emergency Pocket Card (Indiana State Department of Health)
- Sickle Cell Disease Emergency Information
- Sickle Cell Disease Emergency Antigen Card
- Sickle Cell Disease Association of America (SCDAA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Presentations from 2015 Indiana Sickle Cell Conference
April 24, 2015
Russell Ware, MD, PhD
Hydroxyurea for Providers
The content of this video is the exclusive property of the presenting author. The unauthorized replication, use, or other distribution of this video or the content within it is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of the author.
Kimber Blackwell, MPAS, PA-C
Sickle Cell Disease: Managing Acute & Chronic Complications in Adults