Delivering Integrated Care Management
The IHTC pharmacy and healthcare professionals interact on a daily basis at our center to maximize coordination and quality of care. Our pharmacists and physicians are on call and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The IHTC pharmacy and healthcare professionals effectively coordinate ongoing care by proactively communicating with our patients to manage clotting factor needs, therapy compliance, and bleeding episodes.
IHTC Pharmacy Program
The IHTC Pharmacy Program Recognizes the Power of Your Patients’ Choice
The IHTC respects and supports patients’ right to select the homecare agency of their choice. As Indiana’s only federally recognized comprehensive hemophilia treatment center, the IHTC operates a Public Health Service 340B Pharmacy Program for eligible patients. The IHTC Pharmacy Program’s overall pricing structure and the discounts provided by the 340B program allow the IHTC to dispense clotting factor at significantly reduced prices, saving millions of dollars.
Importantly, by choosing the IHTC Pharmacy program, your patients are helping to support their comprehensive HTC. Here are some of the many ways in which the IHTC Pharmacy Program helps you, your patients, and the bleeding disorders community:
- Reducing the cost of clotting factor: We are able to purchase clotting factor through the Public Health Service discounted program for eligible patients. This important benefit, along with our overall pricing structure, saves money, makes insurance coverage go further, and reduces total expense to the healthcare system.
- Providing care management: The pharmacy staff meets daily with treatment center staff. This open communication allows us to know and appropriately address your patients’ needs.
- Improving patient communication: Our experienced staff is available when you or your patients need them, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We offer the full range of products and supplies to meet patients’ needs. We also can give you more information about plasma-derived and recombinant products.
- Managing supplies and waste disposal: The IHTC Pharmacy provides all clotting factor supplies and a specially developed sharps disposal program at no additional cost to our patients.
- Providing patient assistance: The IHTC Pharmacy Program has experience in resolving patients’ insurance issues and helping them bridge gaps in coverage. Our staff helps patients with enrollment in patient assistance programs so that patients have access to clotting factor during a lapse in coverage.
- Free patient notification: The IHTC Pharmacy Program participates in a free, confidential, 24 hour communication system providing information on withdrawals and recalls of plasma-derived and recombinant therapies. To find out how this system works, click here.
- For more information about the IHTC Pharmacy Program and services, see the IHTC’s pharmacy brochure.
- You can contact the IHTC Pharmacy Program by telephone, fax, or email:
- Telephone: (317) 829-7778 or (877) 633-4639
- Fax: (317) 829-7783
- Click here to send us an email.
- Visit the IHTC Pharmacy Program webpage on this website’s payor portal to learn about how IHTC’s disease management program (DMP) has helped to optimize patient care while reducing or containing healthcare costs.
- The initial results of IHTC’s DMP model were published in a leading, peer-reviewed hemophilia journal. To read the abstract, please click here.