Delivering Integrated Care and Cost Management
The IHTC works collaboratively with payors to optimize care. We ensure that the patients and families we serve have access to care and therapies, thereby helping to contain costs and reduce both bleeding events and utilization of resources.
The IHTC Pharmacy’s ability to purchase clotting factor through the Public Health Service 340B discount program and our overall pricing structure benefit payors and patients by dispensing clotting factor at significantly reduced prices.
Services We Provide
HMO Plan: “We want to work with the IHTC Pharmacy Program because we know their clotting factor prices are lower than our preferred arrangement.”
National Reinsurance Carrier: “We try to use the IHTC for our hemophilia members. The IHTC provides quality care and their clotting factor prices are the lowest we have seen.”
National Case Management Company: “We want to work with the IHTC because their clotting factor prices are the most competitive we have seen.”
The IHTC is Indiana’s only federally recognized hemophilia treatment center and is a center of excellence for the treatment of individuals with bleeding or thrombotic disorders. The IHTC provides:
- Free annual comprehensive clinic evaluations with our multidisciplinary team – a service that saves payors in excess of $170,000 annually
- Integrated care management and coordination with healthcare providers and payors
- Telephone triage, with 24/7 physician and pharmacist availability for clinical and pharmacy needs
- Significantly discounted clotting factor pricing available through the Public Health Service 340B program – a service that saves payors in excess of $12,000,000 annually
- A bleeding disorder disease management program (DMP) with documented, sustained results that have lead to reductions in emergency room visits, inpatient hospital days, outpatient medical costs, clotting factor utilization and costs while maintaining quality care and quality of life
- Clinical research studies with provision of new therapies that may provide free clotting factor concentrate to eligible participants – a service that saves payors in excess of $500,000 annually.