General COVID-19 Guidelines for Patients, Families & Visitors
Protecting IHTC patients and staff is vital to our mission and to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated as we coordinate your ongoing medical care.
Given the unique circumstances related to COVID-19, the following restrictions reduce the risk of exposure for patients and caregivers and have been implemented at IHTC:
- Visitors or family members will be asked to wait in the car.
- Check your email to complete your online viral screening form the day before your scheduled appointment and call IHTC at 317.871.0000 before your appointment if you or your family have traveled by air, been outside of Indiana or have had any COVID symptoms within the past 2 weeks.
- Those with a temperature of 99° Fahrenheit or greater may be asked to reschedule.
- Any patient—or accompanying adult for pediatric patients—exhibiting any signs of illness or with recent known or suspected exposure to COVID-19 will be asked to reschedule.
- We will continue to contact you regarding your appointment scheduled in the upcoming weeks to confirm whether you will have an in-person visit, transition to a telehealth visit or to reschedule if necessary.
We remain committed to the excellent care and approach to which you are accustomed, while continuing procedures aimed at keeping our patients and team members healthy during the current situation. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated during the COVID-19 precautions.
Updated December 16, 2020
Return to IHTC's COVID-19 Updates