General COVID-19 Guidelines for Patients, Families & Visitors
Given the unique circumstances related to COVID-19, the following restrictions to reduce the risk of exposure for patients and caregivers remain in place at IHTC:
- Masks for Patients & Visitors: IHTC continues to practice the same community standard that the Indianapolis hospitals use. Patients and visitors are given a surgical mask to wear or place over their existing mask, even if they are wearing a KN95 or other colored/printed surgical 2-ply mask. Patients and visitors are to leave this mask on until they have left the building.
- Visitors: One adult visitor per patient. The visitor will be required to complete our viral screening. Patients continue to receive this text reminder: If you or your family have traveled by air, been outside of Indiana or have had any COVID symptoms within the past 2 weeks, call IHTC at 317.871.0000 before your appointment.
- Viral Screening: Check your email to complete your online viral screening form the day before your scheduled appointment and call IHTC at 317.871.0000 before your appointment if you or your family have traveled by air, been outside of Indiana or have had any COVID symptoms within the past 2 weeks. Your online viral screen will include a section to complete for any visitor who will attend the appointment with you.
- Those with a temperature of 99° Fahrenheit or greater may be asked to reschedule.
- Any patient—or accompanying visitor—exhibiting any signs of illness or with recent known or suspected exposure to COVID-19 will be asked to reschedule.
Protecting IHTC patients and staff is vital to our mission and to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated as we coordinate your ongoing medical care.
Updated May 26, 2021; Reviewed March 11, 2022
Return to IHTC's COVID-19 Updates