Patient travel and appointments during COVID-19
To avoid rescheduling your visit after you arrive, please call IHTC at 317.871.0000 the day before your visit if you or anyone in your home has traveled outside of Indiana within the past two weeks.
When you notify us of travel, we will ask more questions and review your answers with your doctor. After reviewing your answers, you may be asked to reschedule your in-person visit or to a telehealth visit. IHTC is trying hard to keep our patients, families and staff members as safe as possible
If you do have to travel, please wear a mask, practice physical distancing of at least 6 feet, and wash your hands often.
Things to think of that may cause us to change your visit:
- Travel by air or other public transportation
- Other people who do not share your home who go with you when you travel or share space with you when you arrive
- Any stay in a hotel or resort
- People who have traveled and are visiting with you or staying with you
- Large groups of 50 or more people – in or out of state, with limited use of masks or social distancing
- Activities with higher risk are – e.g. amusement parks, crowded beaches
Updated: October 15, 2020
Return to IHTC's Covid-19 Updates